Salix Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme (SEELS)
Salix provides funding for schools and colleges to reduce energy costs through the installation of energy efficiency technologies.
The SEELS programme is funded by the Department for Education, and we are here to work with you to save money and modernise your organisation by funding energy efficiency improvements. The funding is provided via an interest-free loan which is paid back through the predicted savings on energy usage.
- Reduce your energy bills.
- Salix Funds over 100 technologies that can help improve the learning environment for both staff and pupils.
- No upfront cost – the interest-free loan is repaid with the predicted energy savings.
- Salix have Secretary of State approval for all maintained schools and colleges to take up Salix loans
- The repayments are recycled to fund further projects in the public-sector.
The two main criteria for this fund are that the projects must pay for themselves within 8 years through their predicted annual energy savings; and that the project must not exceed a maximum cost of £200 per tonne of carbon dioxide saved (calculated using our compliance tool).
If you have a project that doesn’t quite meet the 8-year payback but you have funding available from another source then you can apply for partial SEELS funding.